Dubuque Community Church Doctrinal Statement
1. We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God and that it is without error in the original writings (II Tim. 3:16, 2 Pet. 2:20-21).
2. We believe in the three manifestations of the God-head (Deut. 6:4, Mt. 28:19).
3. We believe in the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ (Jn.1:1).
4. We believe in the virgin birth of Christ (Is. 7:14).
5. We believe that Jesus Christ completely paid the price for our salvation through His shed blood (Eph. 1:7; 2:8-9).
6. We believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ (Jn. 20:27).
7. We believe in the personal, imminent return of Christ for His own (I Thes. 4:13-18).
8. We believe that the Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin, gives gifts to believers and then fills them in order that they might live for Him (Jn. 16:8; I Cor. 12:7; Eph. 5:18).
9. We believe that the Holy Spirit gives every believer a gift (1Cor. 12:7). We believe I Cor. 14:27-28 which states that “If anyone speaks in a tongue, let there be two or at the most three, each in turn, and let one interpret. But if there is no Interpreter, let him keep silent in church, and let him speak to himself and to God”.
10. We believe in the security of the believer (Ro.8:1; Jn. 10:28).
11. We believe in Christian separation from the world, from unbelievers, and from believers walking in error (Ro. 12:1,2; II Cor. 6:14, II Thes. 3:14).
12. We believe the true church consists of all born-again believers (I Cor. 12:12-13; Eph. 1:22-23).
13. We believe in the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Supper as Scriptural testimonies (Mt. 28:19; I Cor. 11:24-26).
14. We believe the purpose of the church is that of evangelism and edification (Mark 16:15; Eph. 4:12-16).
15. We believe in the resurrection of the saved to eternal life and the resurrection of the lost to eternal, conscious punishment (Matt. 25:30; Rev. 20:4-6, 15).